Security Systems, like all technology, are continually evolving and so, where appropriate, we will advise customers to take advantage of the latest available benefits and upgrades. Surprisingly there are still a few VCR Systems that we still come across in our surveys. The approach ‘if it works don’t fix it’ is unfortunately only found to be inappropriate after the event!
Here are just a few upgrade examples for CCTV Systems:
- Standard analogue to Megapixel high definition (think of Freeview/Sky HD compared to standard TV)
- Upgrades now available on most existing cables subject to installation standard
- LEDs integral for nighttime viewing
- Early DVRs only normally provide around 25% of the definition available on a good quality current DVR!
- Viewing across the network with older DVRs is cumbersome and limited in performance
- Current H.264 format reduces bandwidth demand by up to 40% for faster, higher definition images
- Increased storage with latest CCTV specific Hard Drives
Network Video Recorders
- Opens a full range of integrated options with building services prior to full upgrade
- Integration of existing analogue cameras an option
- Current options for cameras range from 2 – 40 Megapixel
- Independent bespoke security networks by DJ Byers Ltd
Out of Hours Security
Recordings are fine for viewing after the event but if prevention by pro-active response is preferable – have you considered ‘Off Site Monitoring’? Imagine an On Site Electronic Security Guard – at a fraction of the cost of full Manguarding! This option is Active Crime Prevention.